If you are looking for instructions to perform Netgear EX8000 setup, then make sure you stick to this 5-minute read. Over here, we are going to provide you complete instructions to install your Netgear device in minutes. Let’s take the plunge!
Instructions to Install Netgear EX8000
Important Point: To perform EX8000 extender setup, choose a best place to spot it first. Note that the chosen location must not be near a thick concrete wall, heavy electrical appliances, and shiny surfaces.
Now, we are going to provide you the step-by-step instructions that will help you install your EX8000 wireless device. Here we go!
Step 1: Decide a location for your WiFi gadget whether you want to install it via the web GUI or using the Nighthawk extender app. Although we’ve provided the instructions to set up the extender via the graphical user interface, you can make use of these guidelines to install the extender via the mobile application. After all, the steps to set up the extender after accessing the URL and launching the app are the same.
Step 2: Connect your EX8000 to Router.
Note: Make sure you have active internet connection for well-working of the Netgear EX8000 wireless device. Also ensure that you are not facing any internet-related issues from the side of your ISP.
Step 3: Visit mywifiext.net
Log in to the EX8000 extender by creating a valid Netgear account. Before that, put in the default web address i.e. mywifiext.net into the address bar of the browser and push the Enter key. Also, get rid of viruses before proceeding. The reason is, if infected files are there on your PC or laptop, the setup process won’t get completed. So, it’s better to deleted unwanted data.
Don’t know how to create Netgear account? No worries! We are here to help! Scroll down a little to get instructions to create a valid Netgear Nighthawk account.
How to Create Netgear Account?
- Access the Nighthawk mobile app.
- The Nighthawk login page displays.
- Reaching here, tap on Sign In.
- Input the valid Netgear login credentials.
- Confirm your account with the help of information you’re asked for.
- Log in to your Netgear Nighthawk account.
Once you are logged in to Netgear account using the required details, its right time to perform Nighthawk setup.
Follow the On-Screen Prompts
- After logging in to EX8000, the dashboard will show up. Firstly, you are required to select the network you wish to expand.
- Connect your Netgear device to your WiFi network on the dashboard. Choose a correct network and password for connecting your EX8000 to the internet.
- Once the device is successfully connected to the internet, it means that it is ready to help you with a blazing-fast internet connection.
- Now, consider assigning an admin password to your EX8000 Netgear extender.
- Thereafter, input the SSID for the 2.4GHz and 5GHz WiFi network.
- The next step is to set wireless network key for both frequency (radio) bands. You can also set the same WiFi password for both of them.
- Now, see if your Netgear Nighthawk extender’s firmware is upgraded or not. If not, then consider installing the latest version by referring to the guidelines mentioned in the user guide.
- Relocate your Netgear EX8000 range extender.
- Once you have successfully position your extender, use the Netgear Nighthawk app to track every activity related to your home network.
And there you are! The Netgear EX8000 setup process is successfully completed. Now, you don’t have to worry about the slow WiFi network in your home.
In a Nutshell
Netgear EX8000 wireless range extender setup is one of the best things to do in today’s world. The Netgear Nighthawk device (when configured successfully) helps in keeping your house secure. Also, the device is weather resistance. We hope that you won’t stuck at any step while performing Netgear setup using the instructions provided above.